Friday, March 6, 2009

*Drumroll Please!*

I'm proud to announce my first "Haute Girl"! I will feature beautiful women who are or have transitioned. Every woman has a different way of doing things so when my advice doesn't work, hopefully a Haute Girls will!
~Introducing Black Hoya Chick
Jersey City, NJ~
Have you BC'D(or planning to) and if so what prompted your decision?
BHC:BC-ing is the ENEMY! LOL just kidding, but in February I started trimming and inch for every inch that grows. But on August 22, I plan on chopping whatever is left. I want to go back to school all natural. I should have between 8-9 inches then. 

What made you decide to become a curly girl?
BHC:I was programmed/brainwashed as a child into thinking that I had bad hair that needed to be tamed i.e. relaxed. But one day I was looking at old pictures and looking at my current relaxed hair and saw how thin and lifeless it had become. I was like "didn't I used to have super thick hair?" So at that moment, I decided to stop perming. But at the time I planned on keeping it pressed straight. It was a few months later when I decided to be a NATURAL natural. As time went on (and I stopped using shampoo) and I saw my curly newgrowth in full effect, I was upset I had spent so much money on an expensive flat iron that I was rarely gonna use. I had been nothing but straight for the last 8 years so I needed a MAJOR break.

How do you track your progress?
BHC:I take a lot of pictures. I was an avid fotki user but they are trippin'! trying so hard to make people pay now...but I digress LOL. I also measure my hair twice a month (beginning and end) to make sure I am actually growing. 

What's you hair care regimen?
BHC: I like to believe its simple. 
1. cowash daily - detangle daily 
2. moisturize and seal
3. pull hair back into a puff/bun
4. take down hair at night, spray a little water to add some overnight moisture, put in two big twists and clip them up, then put on satin sleep cap.
5. repeat
THAT'S ALL! =)

What have been your most successful products?
BHC:my fab-5: Suave Naturals Tropical Coconut, Hollywood Beauty Olive Oil, Fantasia IC Olive Styling Gel, honey, and baking soda 

How have family and friends embraced your beautiful locs?
BHC:I have one friend who annoys my life by telling me to straighten it and one of my brothers keeps telling me to get a perm (very annoying). But besides those two, everyone loves the idea and is actually quite supportive =) 

No comments:

Post a Comment