Monday, March 30, 2009

Haute Girl CClark1!

CClark1
Atlanta, GA

How long have/did you transistion?
C:I transitioned for one full year (Sept 07-Sept 08)
What is your daily hair regiemin?
C:
It depends on how I wear my hair. I've been doing a lot of twist updos. I oil my hair with Castor oil and pin my twists up.
How do you protect your hair at night?
C:
I sleep in a satin nightcap.
If you were stranded on a deserted island, what three hair items would you have to have?
C:Castor oil, any Aubrey Organics product, and bobby pins
How do you tackle negative comments about being Natural?
C:I ignore them!
What made you decide to become a curly girl?
C:
I had been encouraged by a few hairdressers and friends to make that move. Plus I had some damage due to not taking very good care of my hair. And my hair just wasn't growing long like I wanted it to grow. I needed to do something drastic!
Do you have a goal length?
C:BSL for now. And when I get there, I'm sure that goal will change ;)
Do you have staple treatments(ie.henna,deep treatment, bentonite)
C:
I make my own herbal hair growth and conditioning teas to drink and condition my hair. I also just started deep conditioning my hair with 1/3 aloe, 1/3 honey and 1/3 Aubrey Blue Camomile Conditoner. This leaves my hair so moisturized and soft.
How have you handled your worse hair days?
C:
Grin and bare it, chile!
What have been your fave styles to acheive healthy hair?
C:
Twist updos, braiding my natural hair (my summer staple) and rocking a big curly fro.
What would be your advice to someone thinking of transitioning?
C:
Have a goal in mind. Ask yourself why are you doing it? Don't worry about silly things like the texture you think your hair will be when it's all said and done. And don't get discouraged on bad hair days because you will have them.

CClark1 Fotki

No comments:

Post a Comment